We are delighted to provide a wide range of furniture to an even wider range of customers across the US and abroad. In order to keep our prices as low as possible, we do not include any prices for logistics services (packaging, shipping, delivery, installation) in our to-the-trade pricing.
All orders are FOB / Plant - High Point – i.e. it is the buyer’s responsibility to contract with a logistics provider to pick up their completed order from our factory, deliver it to the destination of choice and to pay for all services directly to the provider.
Important note: All orders must be paid in full before we will release them to your logistics provider / delivery service.
Please be sure to read all information on this page thoroughly.
You are welcome to use any logistics provider that you wish. We do not have any preferred providers nor do we warranty, guaranty or endorse any provider. It is best practice to start engaging providers 2 - 3 weeks before your order is expected to be completed to minimize delays.
Before contacting delivery services
- Is the order being delivered to a receiver with a dock (less expensive) or into a home (white glove delivery - most expensive)
- Are there any special conditions or restrictions on delivery (is an appointment required? certain delivery times? stairs? elevator?)
- Be familiar with your order - how many pieces are to be delivered, how are they packaged and what are their dimensions and weights
When you speak to service
- Do the items need to be shrink wrapped on cardboard trays or can they be blanket wrapped?
- What documentation do we need to provide to their drivers?
- Does Ted Scott need to call them for pick up? If so - who do we call and when?
Be sure to read "Packaging" below
If your shipper asks for weight estimates
While many factors may effect the weight of your item, following are some basic guidelines for weight that you can use when discussing your shipment with your logistics provider:
- 2 cushions • 100#
- 3 cushions • 150#
- 4 cushions • 175#
- Sofa Sleeper • 275#
- Ottoman • 50#
- Bar Stool • 25#
- Desk • 35#
- Dining • 20#
- Swivel • 85#
- Occasional • 75#
- Wing • 75#
- Chaise • 100#
- Bench • 75#
- Twin • 45#
- Full / Queen • 75#
- King • 90#
If you'd like us to organize shipping
Lastly, we will gladly organize your shipment on your behalf for a small fee per piece to be shipped. A few things to know before you select this option:
- We will place your shipment with one of our known vendors (logistics providers) which may not operate on your preferred timeline
- You will need to pay us for the complete shipping costs and our handling fees before we release the shipment to the logistics provider
- Once the order is picked up you will need to communicate directly with the logistics provider for timelines and delivery arrangements as we will have no contact with them after the order is picked up. Additionally all claims for damages are to be filed directly with the logistics provider.
- We do not warranty, guaranty nor endorse the services, prices nor quality of any provider. If asked to coordinate your shipment we will select a provider that operates within the requested time parameters at a price that is historically within range of what is normally charged. In this situation we are working on your behalf as your authorized agent - the relationship remains between you and the logistics service provider especially where timelines, damages and other issues are concerned.
Once you have selected your provider, please send the provider contact information along with the delivery address to Vickie.email@example.com so that we may provide the appropriate paperwork.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Our standard packaging is to cover your item loosely with a heavy duty plastic furniture bag - this is sufficient for most local and white glove delivery services. Upon request and for an additional fee, we can place your item on a cardboard tray and shrink wrap it for transportation. Additionally we will be glad to refer you to local service providers that can provide a wider range of packaging options.
It is important that you consider the type of item, size, shape, fabric and transportation when determining the type of packaging that may be required. Since we provide furniture for hundreds of customers going to dozens of locations, it is impossible for us to anticipate the packaging and transportation needs for each so we rely on our customers to provide that information to us to ensure a proper and speedy delivery.
If you prefer to not handle all the details, the following vendor provides additional levels of packaging and will also coordinate shipping. Please note this contact is provided as information only, we do not warranty, guaranty nor endorse their service, quality nor pricing.
2411 Shirra Place
High Point, NC 27263
There is no shortage of logistics providers (delivery services) operating in our world today and we encourage you to shop around for the provider that best suits your needs, timeline and schedule. Upon request we will gladly supply you with a list of providers with whom we have worked previously and for a small fee we will be glad to arrange your shipment for you. However we are not able to warranty, guaranty nor endorse any provider or service. Once the shipment has been picked up by the provider of your choice, all communication including claims, repairs or questions about timelines, deliveries and status must be directed to the logistics provider.