Thank you for your interest in ordering from our company. Please note that we are a "To the Trade Only" company - we do not sell directly to retail customers. If you are a retail customer please contact us and we will gladly connect you with a designer in your area that can help you get a fabulous piece of custom furniture!
For Design Trade Customers - please start by setting up an account using our online form This ensures we have all the right details about your business and provides us the info we need to validate you as a Design Trade Professional.
How do I order from Ted Scott Designs?
REQUEST A QUOTE
For standard items from our catalog, you can sign in to the website to see pricing. Many of the items will also have a Tear Sheet that you can download which shows multiple versions of the frame style you have selected along with a chart of most common customization options.
To either customize an item from our catalog or to order a unique design, please send us your request and we will send back an estimate to perform the work. Be sure to include the following with your request:
- A side mark or reference to identify your quote
- Whether you want any button tufting, nail trim, custom finish matches
- If you plan to use contrast welt, cord on lip, fringe, multiple fabrics or any other decorative elements
- If you plan to use whole-hide leather (as compared to rolled goods)
- If your fabric will require any special handling or placement
- Any special dimensions or construction requirements
Before your order can be Released to Production we will also need a Ship To Address and whether your item will need to be tray and shrink wrapped or if it can be white glove delivered. Keep in mind - all of our prices are COM and do not include packaging nor shipping/handling.
The Quote/Estimate that we send you becomes the Work Order for our craftsmen to use in building your furniture - they do not have access to any other communications that you may send including conversations, emails, photos, etc. Therefore it is imperative that you review this Estimate carefully. Once you approve the Estimate -the furniture that is built is yours to keep!
THREE ORDER REQUIREMENTS
- To accept / place an order, three things are required:
- A written purchase order. This can be a signed copy of our estimate or generated from your own system.
- A completed COM form with sample of fabric.
- A deposit check for 50% of the total.
Mail all 3 items to: Ted Scott Designs, 677 Southwest St.; High Point, NC 27260
Be sure your order includes:
- Any deadlines or delivery expectations
- Selection of stain color / finish
- Selection of any nail trim or casters
- Ship To address
- Phone number for us to call with any questions
- Reference of our estimate, if applicable
After I have confirmed my quote what is next?
Once we have received the "magic trifecta" of signed order, COM and deposit you will receive an email advising you that your order has been "Released to Production." This simply means that we have everything we need and your order has been placed into the queue for production.
For most orders the first stop in production is the frame shop and the wait to get into the frame shop is long - it can be up to 6 - 7 weeks. But once your order clears the frame shop you will receive a second email with that information. Once the frame is complete, most orders are ready to ship within a few weeks depending on the complexity of the order.
WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT LEADTIME?
The timeline for your custom upholstery begins once we have received all of the required items. Normally your furniture is ready to ship within about 8 weeks. Currently our lead times are 10 - 12 weeks on catalog items, up to 16 on custom but we are continually working to reduce that time. Please note this does NOT include shipping.
Keep in mind that some complex items may take longer. We will notify you if we encounter serious delays. Some simple catalog items are often completed in less time.
Due to COVID-19 we have, on occasion, experienced delays in receiving raw materials from our vendors. We are therefore advising our customers to allow for an additional one to two weeks in their planning.
DO CUSTOM ITEMS TAKE LONGER THAN CATALOG DESIGNS?
In short, no. Complex items, like tufted, curvy pieces or large sectionals have a tendency to require more time. Simple items, like headboards and ottomans often move through the process more quickly.
Don't hesitate to customize or personalize an item thinking that it will incur longer production times. Catalog items might move slightly quicker but not enough to affect the overall lead time. The benefit to the designer is that catalog items (those on our website) have lasted the test of time and comfort and often cost less than their one-of-a-kind counterparts.
Can I customize an item from the Ted Scott Catalog?
Can I submit my own design to be built by ted scott designs?
Absolutely! Building bespoke furniture is key to the Ted Scott brand. We work with designers every day to turn their designs into beautiful furnishings.
What happens to the leftover fabric after order is completed?
Our Customer Owned Material (C.O.M.) policy is that Ted Scott Designs will store the short end of your fabrics for 30 days after completion. After 30 days, the remaining fabric will be disposed of. Please let us know when you place your order if you would like your fabric returned with your completed furniture.
When will production begin on my order?
Orders will move into production upon receipt of ALL of the following:
- Purchase Order Confirmation
- 50% Deposit
- Selection of Finish (if applicable)
- All Fabric(s)
- All Decorative Trim(s)
How will I receive my furniture?
All orders are FOB Plant meaning that our customers are responsible for coordinating the pickup and delivery and all cost associated with shipping of their furniture. We will inform you once your furniture is completed and we are happy to connect you to our preferred vendors for exceptional white glove delivery services. From time to time we will help arrange and coordinate shipping however Ted Scott Designs does not recommend, guaranty nor warranty the services, security, quality or pricing of any other vendor. A small service charge will be applied to each piece of furniture for which we coordinate shipping.
Does ted scott do reupholstery work?
- Our goal is to have all orders ready to ship within the specified timeline however during busier times of the year that timeline can stretch by a couple of weeks - please plan your installations accordingly
- Timeline does not include shipping and delivery
- Timeline starts once we receive signed Order, Deposit and the last piece of COM
- Any details not specified on the Purchase Order are up to the builder's discretion including dimensions, shape, form, fabric placement, etc.
- It is assumed that upon receipt or approval of an order, customer has read and agrees to the Terms & Conditions listed on this website.